Today's the day to post 5 things that have made us
Just plain ol' happy (of THANKFUL) this week!
Once you do that..go visit Keely and and link up.
1. I never thought I would say this, but I am super thankful for CUCUMBERS!!! If you close one eye and stand on your left food and in your dieting mind pretend really really hard, they are surprising good as a substitute for CHIPS!!!! These long green friends cut into slices are certainly helping me stay on my diet.
2. I am thankful for my camera phone so that I can send my hubby pics of our kids when he is out of town and make him smile. . .gosh I love that smile!! Today I actually sent him a picture of my lunch so he would feel sorry for me that I am living on rabbit food so I will look ultra hot for his friend's wedding next month! ;)-
3. I am thankful that no one I know was hurt during the tornadoes that have been descending all across our State. I have a good many friends that live down the turnpike from me and they tend to get it worse than we do in Green Country. Continued prayers for everyone during the Spring and Summer months when this type of atmospheric activity is at its worst. (P.S. I wish I had gotten a picture of me and my kiddos SLEEPING in the closet last night as the tornado sirens repeatedly went off. Obviously if I was asleep as well there wasn't much picture taking. I guess my back started hurting and I woke up at 12:30 a.m. and took everyone to their beds!)
4. I am thankful that I have lost 4 lbs so far so I know that I am not dieting and exercising for nothing! Isn't that so discouraging when you try and try to "be good" and you step on the scale to see the SAME OLD NUMBER??? It's nice to debit something other than my bank account!
5. Bubs and Busy would like me to extend their thankfulness that Daddy is coming home tomorrow!!! Um, yes, they love me. . .but Daddy brings presents AND never disciplines!
As a post script, I'll add two more things since I typically do 7 thankful thoughts. . .
6. I am very thankful that so many of Bubs' friends can come to his IRON MAN birthday party on Sunday. It should be a blast and he is beyond thrilled that the countdown is nearing to an end.
7. Somewhat thankful (and somewhat that time keeps marching on at such a fast pace) that Busy is now standing all by herself. I know that the first step isn't too far beyond. Then WATCH OUT WORLD!!!