Please be advised that this is a work in progress. . .100 things. . .THAT'S, LIKE, ALOT! I mean, it's kind of like writing 10 things about myself 10 times. Or writing 50 things twice! Or 25 things 4 times. Or 33.333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 three times (I'm not mathematician, but in reality I don't think it would ever TRULY be 100). Whew. . .I'm tired just thinking about it! But here goes:
1. I am Mrs. Howell. My birth name is Kristen. My friends call me KW. My kids call me Mommy. And my hubby mainly utilizes "hey you" in an effort to gain my attention in the chaos of our home!
2. I have three animals living in my home that claim to be my pets. I can not get rid of them if I try. We have a de-clawed cat named Musashi who goes out if the door gets left open. . .but ALWAYS returns because let's face it, it's dirty and hot/cold outside and there is no food, water, or $h*tbox for him. We have a 5 year old Terrier named Pete that I am pretty sure at some point my neighbors will kill because he barks CONSTANTLY. He is not scared of any "punishment". . .and let's face it I am about as good at punishing him as I am at punishing my kids. Pete is only scared of thunderstorms so basically he only behaves in the spring and early summer when he wants protection from lightning and thunder. And last but not least we have a 15 year old Lhasa Poo named Clementine. Yes, I said FIFTEEN! I'm sure you are thinking what we are. . .go towards the light, Clemmie, go towards the light! I mean, she is BLIND in one eye and totally DEAF.
3. I drive a brand-new Honda Pilot and I could not be happier with it. I used to drive a "fancy" SUV as Schmoops called it. . .and it was a total POS. If you've heard it as many times as I have "Hondas are great cars!" you should believe it. . . .my Pilot ROCKS!
4. I have a B.A. in English and a minor in Economics. Funny that I got a "D" in my very first Econ class when I took it the summer before my Freshman year for an "easy A" at the Jr. College. Um, Econ and Summer do not mix. However, when I got to my real college, I took it again and got a "B" and then kept taking Econ classses because I loved the professor so much. At the end of 4 years. . .VIOLA! You have a minor in Economics. My grandfather found this very impressive since he thought getting a degree in English was ridiculous and what was I going to do with that. . .teach?
5. My degree aside, I have never taught a day in my life. I often wish I had become a teacher because for the most part all of my friends who are teachers absolutely LOVE it. . .well, they hate it somedays. . .but I would say 95% of the time, they love it! Instead, I work in Human Resources and I assure you that I do NOT love it anywhere close to 95% of the time! Schmoops has a theory that people in HR are "crazy". Since I am not a lifer in HR, I will say that I agree!
6. Prior to joining the crazies in HR, I was a Lobbyist for an Oil and Gas company. 95% of the time, I did love that job! I worked in that capacity for about 8 years. However, I traveled on average 75% of the time so obviously that was not conducive to raising a family! When I had Bubs, my company graciously helped me find an internal job so that I could stay with the company. And what did I do to re-pay them. . .that's right, LEFT THE COMPANY. . .for something "better". . .ugh! Not even close. Leaving that company my be my biggest career regret. I even had the chance to go back and didn't take it because I thought I was all fancy and high-priced. Double UGH! Like I said, regret!
7. I miss my maid more than I miss my kids when I'm away from them!! Ha! Just kidding. . .sort of.
8. I have a significant character flaw that makes me impartial to people hurting my feelings, being mean to me, or stabbing me in the back. My husband says that I might let a person cross me once, but if they do it again. . .I CUT THEM! Now, not in the get out my machete and slice an arm off. More like "and now the roll of my friend will be played by NOT YOU!" (And I don't really have a machete.)
9. My favorite food in the entire world is chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and cream gravy. Typically if I go to a new restaurant and they have it on the menu, that's what I'm getting. I am a chicken fried steak connoisseur! I have been to about 40 of our great states including Alaska and I will tell you that I haven't found a better chicken fried steak than right here in good ole' Green Country at the Hammett House! I literally dream about their "pamper-fried" goodness.
10. I am an "avid reader" who rarely completes a book these days!
11. I feel a LOT older than I look!
12. I sometimes wish that I lived in an old sitcom where the married couple had twin beds. . .I love Schmoops but a bed to myself would be HEAVEN sometimes.
13. I love love love Sex and the City and have seen all episodes numerous times as well as the first movie which I saw at the first showing on opening day! I had to wait til the second day it was out before I got to see SATC2.
14. I hope my kids wait to get married like their dad and I did. There is SO much big kid fun to be had before you move on to married fun and baby/kid fun. . .I want them to enjoy life as much as I did!!
15. I want to join the Peace Corps with my husband after he retires.
16. I love shoes!
17. I do not have an iPhone.
18. I'm a PC, but secretly long to be a MAC.
19. I really really really really really love my husband. . .and still don't always understand why he loves me!
20. I have a very real addiction to caffeine!
21. My husband and I were born in the same hospital.
22. We also went to the same Jr. High.
23. We didn't meet eachother at either place!
24. I'm an only child. . .I always liked it until I became an adult. Now I wish I had someone to share things with.
25. I wish I knew God better. . .and I am working on that relationship!!
26. I used to be a "runner". I'm trying to get back to it. But I am too sporadic with my running dates!
27. I love my home. I am definitely becoming a homebody in my old age!
28. My feet grew 1/2 a size with my first pregnancy. Now I think they are starting to shrink again.
29. I would not go back to my 20's if you paid me. 30's are wonderful! Even looking forward to my 40's.
30. I will watch When Harry Met Sally, You've Got Mail and The Notebook every time I see that it is on!
Now That’s Love by Ree
1 hour ago