Friday, June 11, 2010

30 Things for Summer

I've noticed that alot of the blogs I follow use Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop as inspiration for their blogs.  I fully admit that I had the best intentions of checking out her site and getting a little direction of my own, but I just haven't had time. . .till today!  I saw that yet another blog I follow was using her guidance, so I FINALLY clicked and decided to give it a whirl! 


Mama's Losin' It

I chose to follow her prompt:  30 things you vow to do this summer.  So here goes!

1.  Read The Help (it's been on my nightstand since Christmas!).
2.  Get serious about carving out time for the Couch to 5K program (since I have committed to Lose It with the RHOK. . .I need to get my booty in gear!).
3.  Have at least one Girls Night Out per month for June, July and August.
4.  Have at least one Date Night per month for June, July and August.
5.  Cook at home (aka GRILL) at least 5 out of 7 nights per week.
6.  Enjoy our neighborhood pool more.
7.  Schedule end-of-the-summer swim lessons for Bubs (we already did beginning-of-the-summer lessons).
8.  Help make our school's fundraiser a huge success in July.
9.  Save, Save, Save!!!
10. Finish the Beth Moore Bible Study that I am attending and sign up for another one for the Fall.
11. Finish our rotation teaching Sunday School for kids and start going to the adult class.
12. Officially join our church. . .we have been going, we teach Sunday School, we love it. . .just haven't made it "official" yet.
13. Have a fabulous family vacation!
14. Don't go a single summer day without perfectly pedicured toes!
15. Lose more "baby" weight.
16. Utilize the extended daylight hours to spend more time outside with the kids.
17. Have friends over to our house more often.
18. Plan Busy's 1st Birthday Celebration.
19. Be more creative on my blog -- here and here.
20. Don't let my tomato plants die!
21. Don't waste the tomatoes!
22. BBM, call or email my Bestie at least once per day. . .we both need encouragment these days!
23. Keep my running dates with McBFF!
24. Walk-Run a 5K every month for June, July and August.
25. Perfect Schmoops' morning Mocha.
26. Hide Schmoops' Blackberry for at least ONE weekend.
28. Get out of the office for at least one lunch per week.
29. Make a new friend.
30. Have a Happy and Grateful Heart!

I am going to follow Heather's lead and check back in at the end of the summer for a post about which of these I actually accomplished!!

I was also going to put 31.  Get a tattoo.  But I just don't know if I'm there yet.  Do you have a tattoo?  What is it?  Where is it (if you can share)?  Did it hurt?  Do you love it?

14 comments:

Mommylebron said...

I like your list! Varied and realistic! ;o) Droppin' in from Mama Kat's...

ThatsBaloney said...

That's a lot.
A tattoo? Really? Don't do it! DON'T!

Unknown said...

Couch to 5k is a great way of getting into running, I have used it twice.

Lift Like A Mom said...

I finished The Help a few weeks ago, and I'm still talking about it. I could seriously read another 500 pages of it. I loved it that much!!!

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

I love your list especially the pedicures, grilling, and girl's nights! I have a tattoo on my wrist and love it...I can hide it with my watch and I'm planning my second one...

Wendy @RunningonMTT said...

Read The Help and loved it!! So get reading!!!

Loved your list and can't wait to see what you accomplish!

cathyjoy said...

these are great! i especially love #14! and The Help is an amazing book - great pool read!!!

just found you on my followers list (i'm kinda a slacker) and am following you now too!

talk to you soon!!

AJ said...

Love your list! The Help is on my to read list and I will get to it one of these days!

Kristen said...

The Help was a great book! I admire your long list. I am lucky if I can accomplish 5 things.

Andrea Sagely said...

Good luck!!

Dawn said...

Where have ya been?!? It's not like you to go so long without posting! I hope all is well.

Loved your list!! I mean really loved it.

I got a tattoo when I was 32. It's a little red-headed (because I was then) angel with a tilted halo sitting on a cloud. It's cute and colorful. It's on the middle of my back... you know, where people call them a tramp stamp. LOL!

I don't regret having it done, but not sure I would do it again.

The Double Dipped Life said...

Great list! I laughed at the pedicure comment! Have fun and enjoy yourself!

Pink Media Studio said...

No not yet but I plan on getting one soon! I am so happy to have found some other fabulous women bloggers near me.

Noel
www.okcbloggirl.com
www.pinkdivacafe.com

randy said...

Hi, Nice site thanks for sharing. Would it be okay to contact you through your email? Please email me back.
Thanks!
Randy
randydavis387 gmail.com

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers